Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Love WIMWI

Sitting in mah room, sipping tea,
I wonder about the place called WIMWI,
About its little quirks and strange ways,
The laughs, the cries and the fun filled days.

I will miss these red bricks,
Paining poor facchas with our silly tricks,
Oh, those euphoric tempo shouts,
And the all-night CS bouts.

Damn, exchange program is about to start,
Why do I feel a tug in my heart?
Germany, Paris, Sweden, Rome,
All that is crap, this IS home!

These lines were written by Gagandeep Singh, a batchmate at IIMA, about to go on exchange to Europe for 3 months.

Even though I am not going on exchange anywhere and will stay put on campus for the next 3 months, my feelings are much the same.

I have been home for the past 2 days and most unexpectedly, I miss my campus and I miss my life there. I am going to go back there on the 31st, but I have begun to dread March 2009, when home becomes just another place where I studied once.

Here's to the best damn institute ever - I truly love WIMWI!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess only people in WIMWI realize what it means to them and all us lesser mortals only dream about the hallowed walls :)

Anirudh Singh said...

I guess the attachment one would have for the place where one studies would be applicable to all institutions :)

Though of course, WIMWI is definitely awesome! ;)

P said...

I loved the 'About Me' description...