Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Professionalism: Don't expect it from professionals!

Today, me, sahil, bengali and jassi went to Chandigarh. I missed a very important YKC lab to be in Chd by 5 pm. Reason? An appointment with Coke regarding sponsorship for Saturnalia(Sat). What do we see when we land there? No coke representative, inspite of having confirmed the appointment. I mean, however busy you are Mr. "professional", please take into account the fact that even though we are mere students, our time and resources are also important.

This is not a solitary experience. During the course of my work for Sat, I've encountered loads of such "professionals". This attitude of taking us complacently and giving us the short shrift, just because we are college students, really irritates me to no end. This isn't just about taking US setriously. It's about simple courtesies(hope the spelling is right) you need to extend towards your fellow humans. Had that idiotic coke fucker called us in advance to tell us about the change of plans, it could have saved us a lot of time.

Rest of the day was pretty good though. The best thing about life these days though is that I am not killing time doing nothing. There are loads of things to work for and look forward to. More on that next time!...:-)

1 comment:

AK said...

Dude, even professionals become the most fucked up assoles when it comes to money. When they have to get money, trust me, they'll probably be the most courteous you would have ever seen anyone being.. Thats life! And thats how it goes... Sad, isnt it?