Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bull's Eye!!!

Today was my first GD(group discussion) class at Bulls eye institute Chandigarh in preparation for the FMS interview call. Nice experience and without too sounding too boastful i think i can say that i was probably one of the best speakers in class. But this was just 10 odd people, how the real fms session goes is still making me jittery, though today's session does leave me quite confident. Life is now going to become one big busride from Patiala to Chandigarh and back. Very tiring and hectic but atleast I won't just while away my time now.

On the Saturnalia front, things are finally looking bright. Sat looks like a very real possibility now. Don't ask me the exact figures but I'd give it 90(sat happens)-10(sat doesnt happen) chances. One of the most important lessons I have learnt through this experience is the value of the homework that is required to be able to organise an event of this scale. You can say that currently we are working in fast forward mode, but again, we wouldn't have understood it, had we not even tried.

One more issue that could snowball into a big controversy is the fact that we are taking Rs.200 from each student of the college in order to help finance sat. Obviously, we don't expect everybody to agree with this decision. I was talking to a few people in the mess just now and they registered their opinions with me. I expect the Dean of Student Affairs to receive atleast 10 applications signed by 100 students each in opposition to this decision.

I just want everyone to know that just for once think of doing something for your college unselfishly. No, I am not in love with this place either. Not in a 1000 milleniums. We might not be able to change a lot of things we don't like in this place, but this is one thing we can and I believe we should change. Don't most people crib about the 'lack of exposure', 'too much stress on academics' etc. in patiala? Well, here is your chance to change things. I just want to improve this place, just a little bit because I believe that the opportunity to actually leave your impact and to change the system you don't like comes not very often. And we have that opportunity with us right now, to change Thapar Institute. So, instead of cribbing and criticising one more time, lets take the risk and see what happens with our 200 bucks. Hope my point gets through.

No comments: