Thursday, April 26, 2007

An Interesting Theory

If you took snapshots of the world as it is. Every trillionth of a second. And suppose you had sufficient computing power to obtain 100 such snapshots.

According to a theory, you would then be able to calculate the 101st snapshot and then the 102nd and so on. In other words predict the future.

Sounds good, I wonder if it could work.

I got this from an interesting site. Click here. For science-fiction fans.

I hate using this term (science fiction) because technology is one thing I am really passionate about and the stuff we consider to be 'fictional' as of now, I'd like to call it reality. Someday within my lifetime. And I do have a feeling that someday we will travel at speeds greater or atleast equal to the speed of light, meet intelligent beings from other planets, explore the universe and so on.

As always, there would be skeptics. To them all I'd say is that 500 years back, no human could have even dreamt of flying in air.

Now we have these

Birds of steel, weighing hundreds of tons, transporting thousands of humans across the planet. Sounds like a miracle, doesn't it?

All I want to say is - Never dismiss an idea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I want to say is- we must never underestimate mythology.
'Pushpak Viman'.. not that whether it existed or was real or not, ..just see the imagination.


p.s. Nice blog Anirudh :-) Had fun reading stuffs about your college.

Anirudh Singh said...

@m - thx...:)