Monday, March 05, 2007

Holi = Another reason to get high

Hope you had a fun filled Holi!

I never knew that a simple beer could get you high too. Agreed I did have something like 2.5+ litres of it, with 1.5 litres in one go, as in 'ek ghoont mei!', thanks to the Bong, I loved it!! A beer is definitely the most cost effective way to get high.

I planned to study the whole day, for the IIM K interview on Tuesday but then Anosh (my good friend who has had a huge hand in corrupting me) convinced me to come to Malik's house for a holi get together. My learning from the day is- no matter whose party it is or where a party is, daaru (alcohol) is the real life of the party. Write that down.

I had fun but what about the interview? At times, I wish the IIM calls weren't there. Imagine a life without the calls -
1) One more guaranteed year of FUN
2) No anxiety about the damned interview preparations. Although, this is thinking really short term.
3) Right now, I feel like the sacrificial lamb, which is going under the knife, for the next two years atleast. I am talking about the horror stories i've heard of people not doing anything but making presentations, studying reports, case studies etc. etc during MBA. And if you look at it, even after that. I mean, I think that it is going to be serious work after MBA and not the bullshit that I do now.

So is that what life is about? work and work and work? I mean it is what we are supposed to do I know, but the whole idea of yout life totally revolving around work puts me off and frankly doesn't even motivate me to perform. The only thing I am scared of right now is of not ending up doing stuff I really want to do, being a photojournalist for example. On that note, I should say that my friend Saurabh Malik is definitely one of the few lucky ones I know of, who know what they want and are working towards their aims.

But then, my aim right now is to have only fun I guess, not too encouraging either...eh? I think I am a little lost and confused, as my orkut testimonials rightfully say!

Oh well, I'll just go and study for the interview on Tuesday. I am probably the first person in the country who regrets getting IIM calls! sorry God! this is a sin!...:p...and all the stuff I wrote doesn't imply I won't crack the interview. I definitely want to and working towards that...:)

No comments: